American character actor of Russian heritage in silent films and early talkies. She emigrated with her family to the U. S. when she was seven years old. She became involved in the theatre even as a child and participated for several years in the Jewish theatre in New York. At the age of 34 she was cast by Frank Borzage in his version of 'Humoresque (1920)', and thereafter played in dozens of films, often as the family matriarch. She appeared in several films in the comedic Cohens and Kellys series. She died in 1948
Content from Wikipedia provided under the terms of the Creative Commons (CC BY-SA 3.0).
- Stand-Up: 22 Funny Actors Doing Comedy On YouTube
- 93rd Academy Awards: The nominations are here!
- The GameStop movie: 19 financial movies and TV shows you can watch now
- Cannes 2021?: The world's premier film festival aiming for July
- U.S. Election Day 2020: 15 Political Comedies To Stream Before You Vote
- Movie Villains: They're Just Like Us
Is this page about you? The information we have obtained is in whole or in part from The Movie Database (TMDb). You may request that we remove all personal information we have stored about you by sending us an email and include the URL of this page. Explain who you are, so we know you are the person this page is about. To delete your data from TMDb, you must contact them separately.
Born 1886-06-11 (135 years ago) in Russia. Dead 1948-05-08 (61 years).