In a futurist world, the Thai kingdom has been transformed by â??The Leader' into 'the Realm of people who have done good deeds and earned merits'. It's a nice place to be, even though the inhabitants are plagued by an indefinable nostalgia. In the old days, people could at least touch each other. Although the Realm has reached version 2.0, technical possibilities remain limited. This wondrous story of the future is interwoven with stories set in the present and past. According to Pansittivorakul, known for his independently-produced and taboo-breaking documentaries on homosexuality and politics, his first feature is science fiction, yet it is about today's Thailand. For instance he criticises the need for religion and superstition. But in the end, this very idiosyncratic, homo-erotically charged essay is above all about time: â??Time influences everything. The past has to do with the present, and the present is linked to the future.' IFFR
Synopsis for this movie has been provided by The Movie Database.
- U.S. Election Day 2020: 15 Political Comedies To Stream Before You Vote
- Movie Villains: They're Just Like Us
- Watch The Trailer: Borat Is Back On October 23
- Binge Worthy: 9 Documentaries For Those Who Love Bookstores
- Movie + Snacks: A Great Recipe For Gaining Weight
- SNL Back In October: Jim Carrey Becomes Joe Biden